Inspired by old Valmet 901 / 911 forest harvesters this is an attempt to create 3D printed caterpillar tracks which envelop the regular tires of a Konghead RC truck
The track were created in Tinkercad based on an existing design: https://www.tinkercad.com/things/1rrQgXL5KSb-copy-of-copy-of-starting-point-for-tracks
The updated version made for the Konghead can be downloaded from Thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4714521
Instructions to create the tracks
- Download the STL from Thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4714521
- Print 24 copies of the link design per track
- Use straightened-out paperclips to hold them together (holes for the paperclips are part of the design).
- Melt some filament to close up the holes on either side to keep the paperclip locked in place.
- Note: Leave one link un-sealed so the tracks can be removed if needed.